“The doctrine that monarchs derive their right to rule directly from God and are accountable only to God”.

What on Earth is Bilawal

doing in this meeting ?

Please see this picture closely because, for the life of me, I can’t get over Bilawal Bhutto accompanying his father to a high-level meeting with Barack Obama and Hamid Karzai. (Can you ever imagine Obama bringing one of his daughters to a meeting like this or, for that matter, Bush one of his)? I know there are more important crises in Pakistan right now (the Refugees, the Economy, the Taliban), but I can’t let this go, even though I probably should.
I just have one question: WHY IS BILAWAL SITTING THERE? A 20 year old who does not even know how to tie his shoes – but then come to think of it neither does his father. Actually, I have one more question: what does it say about Zardari’s priorities that Bilawal is sitting closer to his father and Barack Obama than either Pakistan’s foreign minister (Shah Mahmood Qureshi, on Bilawal’s left) or Hussain Haqqani, Pakistan’s ambassador to the U.S. (to Qureshi’s left)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive